Tuesday, February 19, 2013



Meal Plan Monday 2/18 thru 2/24

This upcoming week is the antithesis of last week.
The kiddos have the week off which means so much less running around for me (and sleeping in!)
Even though I'm working both jobs this week I still have 3 FULL DAYS OFF=lots of cooking!
NO MORE BASKETBALL!
My new thirtyone purchases should be in!
The arrival of my new Samsung Galaxy III on Tuesday (refurb that I finagled for $30 woot woot!)
The potential of a new laptop purchase from one of my techie friends that refurbs all kinds of stuff.
  and the anticipation of a trip to Trader Joe's with my mom on Saturday.

BRING IT ON!

Monday: Easy Crock pot Lemon Tarragon Chicken, Rice, Salad.

This is my go to for a quick and easy dinner.  I combine chopped fresh tarragon. chopped fresh citrus thyme, lemon zest, sea salt, pepper and crushed garlic and rub down 6 chicken thighs with olive oil and the herb rub.
Place in the crock pot on a bed of onions and top with slices of lemon.  Cook on low for 6 hours!


Tuesday: Homemade Pizza Night!!
After coating two sheet pans with cornmeal I lay out one White and one Wheat pizza dough and mentally divide each into 3.  Each of the kiddos chooses their own toppings as do the hubby and I.  Then after cooking I cut them in to small triangles and we all share!!  Endless Possibilities....

Wednesday:  Chicken Pot Pie, Made with leftover chicken from Monday.

Thursday: MEATLESS!  Spaghetti with Vegetable Bolognese (in the crock pot) and  Garlic Bread

Friday:  Keilbasa, Brown Sugar Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Corn

Saturday: Hubs is in charge.

Sunday: Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Thai Noodles
I am going to try to recreate some Lettuce Wraps the hubby and I had a few years ago out to dinner on Valentine's day.  I have researched tons of recipes and finally decided to cheat after I saw this
Trader Joe's Satay Peanut Sauce at my last trip to my favorite store!

What restaurant recipes have you tried to recreate?

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment