Saturday, February 2, 2013

Jesslyn's Scarf

 

 Jesslyn's Scarf

 
 Jesslyn modeling her scarf (Cutie Patootie Gavin photobombing!)
 
 
Exactly One year ago tomorrow I had pretty epic foot surgery.  A reconstruction so to speak...Old ballerina stuff coming back to haunt me.
 
I was out of work for 6 weeks...The first week was especially rough because I wasn't supposed to move around a lot so all the screws and stuff could work their magic as the bones started getting used to their new spots. (I know gross)
 
I did have the foresight to get a ton of yarn together and made each of the lovely ladies that came to be my "lunch buddies" that first week a scarf.  Most of the ladies actually got their scarf!
  
 
 
(Note the gargantuan ice pack in the background keepin' my foot chilly)
 
 
Jesslyn's Scarf
 
Skill Level: Easy
Size: One Size
   
Gauge:  I mean really....someday maybe.
 
Materials:
One (1) Ball Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Fisherman (A)
One (1) Ball Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Grass (B)
One (1) Ball Gala Mixed Yarn pictured below
 
 (I buy this yarn at Big Lots..it's cheap and cute but you often only find it once, I couldn't find this exact yarn anywhere on line)
 
Size P-15 (10 mm) Crochet Hook
 
Scarf:
Holding a strand of both A and C together Chain 122 stitches.
Make sure you leave your tails long enough to include in the fringe.
Row 1: Single Crochet in the 3rd loop from the hook and each chain across. ch. 1 Turn
Rows 2-8 : Repeat Row 1, switching to yarns B & C Held together for Rows 3 and  6.
 
For Fringe I cut 24 strands in Fisherman and 8 Strands in Grass and tie them with corresponding colors on each end.  Trim for evenness!
 
The fun part of these scarves is that you don't have to weave in ends!! I just use the ends for FRINGE!
 

~Em

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment