Friday, March 8, 2013

Lavender Coconut Oil Body Butter

 

 
 
 
 

Lavender Coconut Oil Body Butter

 
Original Pin here
Sort of...
I actually couldn't find the original pin LOL
 
My gorgeous friend Brandy got me hooked on Coconut Oil over a year ago
 
I put a tablespoon in my coffee in the morning.
I use it as a hair mask once or twice a week.
I use it on dry patches of skin.
I haven't used it for cooking yet but that's next on my to do list!
After reading the ingredients on a body butter I almost bought in the store I decided to try making my own!
 
 
I combined about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (not melted)
2 Tablespoons of Shea Butter
1 Tablespoon of Jojoba Oil  (I got mine at my local health food store!)
 
 
I threw it all in my kitchen aid stand mixer and whipped it up for about 10 minutes, stopping at intervals to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
 
 
Then I threw it in a jar and I keep it in the bathroom and slathered my body in it after my shower..it smells amazing and absorbs great and my skin was silky smooth.
 
You can make this with just straight Coconut Oil if you don't have the other ingredients on hand..there are tons of recipes out there!
 

~EM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment