Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Finding Balance and a Confession

Life is crazy, busy, exciting, fun...and I am constantly striving for a balance.
 
I give the illusion of being Super Mom...
 
I have set up schedules for myself, mentally and on paper. I have countless lists.
I try to eek out time to complete all of my tasks in a timely manner
 
I have plans...
 
Meal plans
Housework plans
Date night plans
Blog plans
Plans to go to the gym
 Plans to read smart girl books that make me more worldly
Plans to finish my knitting projects

I try to focus on completing the necessary tasks that make my life run smoothly....
 
...and then sometimes....
 
I sit down and read 3 of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels, back to back on my 2 days off and get nothing else done in my life...
 
Then I spend the next few days feeling guilty that I have neglected all of my other obligations  and rush around trying to get everything done.
 
This failure compounded by a lack of sleep due to a few crazy work nights leads to me in full on cranky pants mode....
 
wondering why my family did not pick up the slack in my book induced absence
 squeezing into pants that sort of fit for work because all my other pants are dirty
Ignoring the meal plan and ordering Pizza for dinner
 
You get the drift.
 
Then I go on a rampage...meticulously getting everything back in order, setting up new plans and goals so I will not get off track...
 
All the while giving sideways glances to the 4th novel sitting on my bedside table aching for me to pick it up and not put it down until I have devoured it cover to cover.
 
I try not to beat myself up too badly.....
 

What are your strategies for keeping balance in your life?

~Em

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment