Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Isreali Cous Cous Salad with Lemon and Dill

 
 
I've been looking for different healthy lunch options for myself.....I plan on branching out to Quinoa salads soon but I had some Isreali Cous Cous on hand so I decided to give it a try.

This salad was DELISH! 

Ingredient

2 T. butter
1/3 c. finely chopped yellow onion
1 clove of Garlic minced
1 c. Chicken Broth
1/2 c. Israeli Cous Cous
2 Persian Cucumbers, quartered and sliced
1 Roma Tomato, quartered and sliced
1/3 c. cooked Edamame
1/2  c. Marinated Artichoke Hearts, chopped
Juice from half a lemon
1/2-1 T. of dried dill
salt and pepper


Melt butter over medium heat.   Add onions and sauté until translucent.  Add the garlic and the couscous stirring constantly until cous cous starts to brown.  Slowly add Chicken broth 1/3 of a cup at a time letting the cous cous absorb all the broth until fully cooked (approximately 20 min.)  Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.  Take the cous cous off the heat and set aside to cool.

After prepping all vegetables, mix together with lemon juice and dill. Add cooled cous cous and chill for at least an hour. (if you plan on using the plain artichoke hearts I would add some olive oil at this point)

To mix it up a little I am going to add 1/2 of an avocado and some smoked salmon later in the week.

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment